Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo says this season is about winning
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Default Colangelo says this season is about winning

Quote:
If last season was about developing, Bryan Colangelo says this season is about winning.
The Toronto Raptors held its annual media day Monday to kick off training camp in what the team's general manager called a "completely different atmosphere" from last season.
"You go into a season excited about what the prospects are," Colangelo said. "I cannot say that I went into last season excited about what the prospects were."
A young Raptors squad finished 23-43 in the lockout-shortened last season, but expectations weren't nearly as high as they are this time around.
Jonas Valanciunas may be the biggest reason for the optimism. The 20-year-old from Lithuania was Toronto's fifth pick in the 2011 draft, but the Raptors left him in Europe for another season to continue to develop.
"(Last season) knowing that Jonas wasn't coming over, knowing that it was going to be a struggle to win games, knowing it was part of the long grind of letting the young players play and learn and develop. . .," Colangelo said.
The GM said this year's new-look roster reminds him of the team he assembled in his first full season in Toronto in 2006-07. Andrea Bargnani was a rookie on that squad that went on to win the Atlantic Division and play New jersey in the first round of the playoffs.
"This team seems to have a lot of those same characteristics," Colangelo said. "It just seems to me, with the newness of the group and the chemistry we've seen, the commitment of the players all coming together, spending a lot of time in Toronto. . . there's that feeling there could be something special abut this group but time will tell."
Toronto Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo says this season is about winning - 680News
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote