Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - TTC
Thread: TTC
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
Why is it so terrible? What's the underlying issue? I mean ignoring their horrendous "efficiency", why are their drivers such assholes? They get paid pretty Damn well for what they do so why are they so pissed off/sadistic all the time? Is it a management issue? Other "world class" transit operators aren't like this. Discuss.
OK first off, how do you know this to be true?

In my experience with TTC staff and drivers, they have been for the most part pretty nice. There was a time i was experimenting with a new bus route and i would ask various bus drivers about the options, and each time they were helpful and polite. Pzabby i think it's just the luck of the draw man. In pretty much every job and position, some people are going to be assholes while others will be friendly. One thing i can tell you is that i've seen bus drivers and street car drivers get maltreated by the passengers on more than one occasion so i can see how some become jaded.

Now since we're talking about TTC, i'll just say contrary to your earlier statement, the TTC as a system IS NOT world class. For a huge city such as ours the transit system is second or third rate. So many improvements need to take place that probably never will. Too much money i guess. Public transit is one of the worst things about Toronto.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote