Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Mark Jackson on Dominic McGuire
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Raptors Mark Jackson on Dominic McGuire

Quote:
Q: Dominic McGuire gave you a lot of things last year. He’s not back. What kind of loss is that and how do you go about replacing what he did?

JACKSON: He’s a big loss. He was a great guy, did a great job for me. I told my guys in the locker room–I don’t know, 50 times–that he was the poster child for what we preach from Day 1.

At the end of the day, you make decisions in this league and you move forward. We drafted Harrison Barnes, we re-signed Brandon Rush, both of those guys are small forwards, both of those guys are going to play a lot of minutes.

In fairness to Dom, I think last year we asked him to do a lot of things that you wouldn’t normally ask him to do if you were a good team. So I don’t know if that role would’ve been the same. And ultimately it comes down to money, too. We’ve gotten younger and we’ve made some additions and it’s a tough loss.

There will be times when we need a stop where we would love to have a guy that can guard every position–unless you’re facing a Dwight Howard or a superior center. I think we will have to find that defensive stopper within this group and then step up our games individually as support to the guy primarily defending the other team’s home run hitter
Mark Jackson pre-camp Q and A: On high expectations, Biedrins’ absence, Bogut, Barnes and more | Talking Points
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote