Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - SN: Raptors on the cusp?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I'm not buying this argument either, jose vs jack and jose vs tj were very civilized (and productive) competitions. The fans may have gotten carried away taking sides, but on the court (and off the court in the public realm) there were no "controversies". And in both cases we got great production at the PG spot. I'm sure Jose is not thrilled, but he's always been a true professional and he will handle it just fine.

But that's not even all that relevant, it's like having a controversy between paul and billups, lowry is clearly the better player, nobody (except maybe jose and his die hard fans) is disputing that. Lowry was confirmed as the starting point guard the moment he got traded for and that was that.
It's not even about the PG's themselves, but really it was about the media more than anything, they constantly brought it up making it a distraction each time and imo none of them ended well. I understand bringing it up and asking question say right now but once the season starts and there is a starter chosen it should deminish but it never did. Jose would go down, Ford or Jack would come in and play well and when Jose would come back the questions would start again. The media in this city is like a dog without a bone. I still say Jose wants out even now, but he will be as he always has been a professional. I just hope Lowry comes in and lights it up and we get off to a good start otherwise no mater what the questions will start.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote