Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - SN: Raptors on the cusp?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Well, you knew this was going to happen. I mean we've all seen this movie before. I said this over the summer, there is no avoiding a 3rd PG controversy. And the only way to get away from it is trading Jose. He sees himself as the starter and on many teams he would be but BC didn't give up a lottery pick, say that Lowry was our PG of the future who is getting the keys to the car just to have him coming off the bench. Casey wanted added toughness and we went out and got one of the toughest best defensive PG in the NBA so if he doesn't start all season if healthy (even if he gets off to a slow start to the season) then i throw my hands up tbh and i have to question what we're really trying to accomplish here.
I'm not buying this argument either, jose vs jack and jose vs tj were very civilized (and productive) competitions. The fans may have gotten carried away taking sides, but on the court (and off the court in the public realm) there were no "controversies". And in both cases we got great production at the PG spot. I'm sure Jose is not thrilled, but he's always been a true professional and he will handle it just fine.

But that's not even all that relevant, it's like having a controversy between paul and billups, lowry is clearly the better player, nobody (except maybe jose and his die hard fans) is disputing that. Lowry was confirmed as the starting point guard the moment he got traded for and that was that.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote