Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Hoopsworld Raptors season preview
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
They did just fine playing without Rose in the regular season.

Miami and Indy are probably the only locks. They are above everybody else. I think the Nets will make the playoffs just based on the sheer amount of talent they have. Despite the really old Celtics, they know how to play still and have loads of chemistry and experience. Also, getting Terry, Sullinger, and C. Lee were some solid moves. Atlanta is a wildcard. It all depends on when + what they get for JSmoove.
Disagree with that, I would say Miami, Boston, Indy, are locks for the top 3 in that order, then Brooklyn, NY, Philly and Chicago (unless Rose comes back sooner however I think the top 3 will be too far ahead by then). These 4 can interchange and fight it out for spots 4-7, leaving the 8th spot. I actually believe the article when they have Atlanta in there as well. Disregarding Atlanta is a mistake IMHO, as Harris/Williams/Smith/Horford/ZaZa is a pretty decent starting 5 - only weakness I can see is their bench where I think the Raps can capitalize. If anything that's the Raps' strength (especially if JC stays for the year) and if we get into the playoffs it will be because of the bench imo. 8th spot is realistic if everything goes right and if injuries hit the other teams, (like Bynum - which would kill that teams' hopes) the Raps could squeak in at 7th.

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 09-14-2012 at 04:07 PM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote