Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Scalabrine to become an assistant coach for the Bulls
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Superjudge
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Its nothing Stonez...nevermind. I was just bitching about people cracking on the Scalabrine story. More, "Alex" comparing the story to Kwame Brown coaching the Bobcats which was an insult or a failed attempt at humour.

So it got me thinking about how Sports fans like to put themselves above the people they worship, often denigrating or reducing a lessor players skills or intelligence as if the fan themselves is more qualified to either do the job, or, understand the game itself.

If you take time to think about it, it's actually incredibly funny. The armchair GMs and Coaches. The dudes with HS level smarts talking about how some NBA guy is too stupid to run a pick and roll..... stuff like that. it blows me away sometimes.

I don't mind a guy like Jeff, or Shadow or myself, or trane commenting on some more "morality/ maturity" type behaviour because lets face it, I'm 40 in about 4.5 hours, i have seem more life than a lot of young athletes. But for me to sit her and say I know more than a coach or a GM...that's insanity.

So at the end of the day, when I hear people shit talking Pro athletes about their own sport, it makes me laugh, people who do it are so out to lunch it isn't funny. Now we ALL do it from time to time, but, if we have the actual idea in our heads, all the time, that we know better..... well thats a problem.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote