Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani's Impressive Defense
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Really? You don't see the potential for magnifying the misleading aspects of both? Dig into any crazy conspiracy theory and you will see a nice mix of numbers and anecdotes. Give me one or the other and offer your opinion and let me settle on my own opinion and I'm fine. But don't try to suggest numbers and anecdotes can buttress each other and form something pure and beyond opinion, or you'll piss me off.
I'm really not worried about pissing you off - just saying

I would expect you to form your own opinion, we all should. Anything can be magnified one way or the other, depends on which stats or anecdotes one chooses to focus on. However, I feel the two can balance each other out - one needs the other to keep each in check to some degree. Too many times there are debates on RF and when stats are failing there is a switch to anecdotal observation/evidence or vice versa. The moment one brings both to the table, typically when one backs up the other, the debate becomes the most educated and informative I've seen. Basically, back up what you're saying, cause when one does, the debate rarely deteriorates into blatant arguing and oft times name calling. I'm implying this is you by any means just saying in general.

Regarding stats and anecdotes, I'm not sure how you have one without the other.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote