Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smith: Raptors Should Go After McDyess
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Smith: Raptors Should Go After McDyess

Man ... now that would be a solid pick-up. Highly unlikely, but he'd be a very good fit for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
There is every indication that McDyess is going to engineer a buyout from the Nuggets and I think Bryan Colangelo should be on the phone as soon as it's done.

Yes, its fraught with tax peril and the financial situation is not to be trifled with; those bean-counters over at Maple Leaf Sports can be rather testy, I would imagine.

But Bryan has always said that if one special case came up that he liked, hed go to the board and make his case.

The benefits to adding a guy like McDyess cant be downplayed. Hes far better insurance against an injury to one of the bigs than they have now. At 34 years old, hes played in so many big games he has to be a solid influence in the locker room. Hes generally considered one of the all-time good guys in the game so hed fit in with this crowd.

Hes still got more than enough game to play a few minutes a night here, which would lessen the overall load on guys like Bosh and ONeal, another thing that cant hurt. Its obvious Kris Humphries has lost any confidence the coaching staff had in him so I dont think hes a factor in all of this.

I have no idea what McDyess is thinking one report last night said hed retire unless he could go back to Detroit, the only team he wants to play for but it has to be worth making a call.

Colangelo had some interest in McDyess two years ago, he tried to dangle Mo Pete to get him a couple of years ago, and they have some history from Phoenix. Its absolutely worth a call.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote