Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Progress report on Raptor players from Eric Hughes
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I agree DD's aggressive when he drives hard but maybe they mean how he's being aggressive? Seems when contact starts DD tends to curl away or pass out. I don't recall many moments when DD hits the floor when driving or trying to drive through someone - plays you see Wade/LBJ/Kobe/etc do. At first you won't get the calls but if he's consistent about it those calls should shift his way. If he keeps hesitating he won't ever get those calls. Lofty comparisons in the article though, but if you're going to reach one might as well reach for the top.
agreed. Just think at this moment in time it is literally impossible for DD to get the same number of fta as the elite guys, just my opinion. DD will have to improve, try to be more aggressive, drive at the right time, drive in the right way but if he does do that i hope people will take notice of that instead of looking at his fta stats and saying he's not aggressive enough.

I remember he was more aggressive in his first 2 seasons and he got burned by the refs, change needs to come from both sides. Like i said if we're better this season and we've got more guys getting to the hoop, lowry, ross, DD, fields, Bargs that puts more pressure on the refs to start calling something! really hope next season that change happens.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote