Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Progress report on Raptor players from Eric Hughes
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
i'd rather read it than not read it.

i think DD not getting to the line is more to with refs than him lacking aggression. Of course it's something he needs to work on, but when he does go the rack he doesn't get a high % of calls. Can't blame a guy for becomming hesitant when he's scared of getting a TO, a block or a missed shot. If our record improves maybe he'll get the calls.
I agree DD's aggressive when he drives hard but maybe they mean how he's being aggressive? Seems when contact starts DD tends to curl away or pass out. I don't recall many moments when DD hits the floor when driving or trying to drive through someone - plays you see Wade/LBJ/Kobe/etc do. At first you won't get the calls but if he's consistent about it those calls should shift his way. If he keeps hesitating he won't ever get those calls. Lofty comparisons in the article though, but if you're going to reach one might as well reach for the top.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote