Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Predict DeRozan's stats
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dark Knight
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I'm gonna go out on limb here and go on my hunch that he was on to something last year with his shooting stroke, but was undone by the season starting and having to time to really keep on it with no practice time...

As you may remember, Derozan worked hard on his shot and range, but changing your shot is hard, and takes thousands of consistent reps. But what we saw in the first couple weeks, was nice, and it was positive. His release point as higher and more in front of his head, less throwing, more shooting, and his actual ball flight and rotation was much better. You could see him revert as the season went on. I think DD is working on that again, hard. I think he's putting hi time in right now and has been flying under the radar because of the olympics and all the other shit the raps have going on, so less press etc.

I think Derozan will match Bargnani in production:

24ppg
5rebs
3ast.

I say this with a grain of salt as he might be eating chicken with Jennings too, I just really think that he will have seen what happened last off season and I think that will motivate him and that he is likely getting a few thousand shots up a day right now. I may have criticized this guys game, but I never have his attitude pr his effort,I trust he is doing his best, and if he is, there is no reason he can't improve significantly with a full offseason to continue what he learned last year, and a full camp to work it into actual gameplay scenario's and sets.
So what you're trying to say, is that DeMar is Harold Miner 2.0?

Just kidding SJ, please don't hurt me.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote