Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jose Calderon's Olympic thread
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
jeff, honestly, nothing in my post is meant to offend or create an argument. I apologize if we do not agree, but I'm right on this one man. He's a good player who takes the brunt of the anger on this team because nobody ever blames the guys who aren't supposed to be the hero's. Think about that. If he were just a decent back up, nobody would even comment on him.

Let it be as it is, I'm pretty certain it will all workout in our favour as fans, and I for one, will support the guy fully no matter how it players out, dude gave his all on my fav team, I can ask no more of a player, and performance wise, he did a fantastic job trying to run team full of shitters for quite a while. If he were a top 5 PG, he might have won them 2-3 more games, but he isn't and I'm ok with that. i wish more people were, its not hard to swallow when you just look at it logically. If its such a problem for others, and all they have is negativity towards the situation, I can dig it, but I think that there might be issues people need to work out on their own in that scenario because the reality is, Jose, is a good player and deserves a bit more respect, dude gave his all here, and even now, when 90% of the players in the league would be making his current situation into a sideshow, he's being a pro and not denigrating the franchise even though many think he might have grounds to.
I agree completely on his prefessionalism, I admire him for that. As for your comment about if he was a decent backup nobody would comment on him, most think he starts and should be a backup and would be a backup on 20 teams in the NBA. Therefor when he is starting those people will talk. So those comments come from the debate of whether he should be a starter or a backup. Guys like that always garner discussion and are at time polorizing.

Last edited by jeffb; 08-08-2012 at 04:04 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote