Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Let The Valanciunas, Anthony Davis Comparisons Begin
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Superjudge
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

I honestly leave nothing closed, I know anyting can happen, but I ask this about Davis....he can guard 4 spots, play three they say. In High School, and on a stacked Ncaa team. Can he guard 4 spots in Europe? He can't even find the floor on Team USA (for good reason obviously), but do we know what he can do against men?

I watched him in College, in the tourney, perhaps he wasnt at his best, but Jones was more of an impact guy than he was. He seemed gauky and a little Bambi-issh, not like a super skilled 4 position guy. So I have a hard time just handing him anything, or saying so distinctly that he's the best of the bunch right now. Hell, that Lamb kid keeps jacking it up like a Zombie he might be Reggie Miller...who knows.

As for JV, well, the guy is good, he has shown he can play with men, and has also shown he can flat out dominate they college level guys. But does that make him a shoe in to be great? He's being limited in London because he's just not good enough in that kind of situation yet, so what can we project.

Can you project?

I'm not sure myself, I prefer to call things as we see them in the present and let the future happen as it may. Right now, at this moment, JV is better in my eyes. That said, my eyes wouldnt bet more than $10 on that though.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote