Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Slam: Raptors one of five teams to make a huge jump
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Really? Imo our bench is a weakness, Calderon/Ross/Kleiza/Davis/Gray doesn't give me great confidence on either end.
Against other teams benches, that lineup should be fine defensively. But it's not like 2nd units all get subbed in as a five man unit. The minutes will be staggered, usually allowing for a starter or two to be on the court at all times, so Casey can cover deficiencies for some of the minutes.

BTW, Jonas and Amir will be playing some minutes with that second unit because Gray will start some games, even though Amir will likely get more MPG over the course of the full season. I expect it to vary depending on the size of the opposing center. Gray likely starts against the real huge bodies.

Amir has good chemistry with Caldy, so when they're together on the second unit, they will work well. Back in 2010, when Jarret Jack took over as starter, Caldy actually looked for his shot more. Calderon torched some opposing 2nd units when the Raps went on that run before Bosh got hurt. And, when healthy, I think Kleiza can be a solid contributor. Ross? Who knows? He's the real wildcard.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote