Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Slam: Raptors one of five teams to make a huge jump
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
based on last year alone i highly doubt that. The 8th seed had a .530 winning percentage. I think you underestimate teams like washington, philadelphia and even milwaukee. i think it'll take 39-40 wins just to sneek into 8th. because beyond miami nobody will dominate, therefore teams like the raps and those teams i just mentioned should be in and around .500 and be competitive vs each other and beat up on the orlando's and charlotte's of the world. look at chicago, any of these teams afraid of them?

Teams that should be above .500- (possibly well above)
Miami
Brooklyn
NYK
Indiana
Boston

Teams that should be around the .500 mark or a little better/competing for 6-7-8 seed
Philadelphia
Milwaukee
Toronto
Chicago

IMO 42 wins might not even get you 7th. I think you now need 40-41 wins to be an 8th seed.
I see the Bucks just missing the playoffs last year but are much improved and can see them pushing for a sixth or seventh seed.

The Cavs were on a tear last year until Irving got hurt - the team is also better.

Washington will surprise a lot of teams and fans next year - especially if they are healthy.

The Bobcats with Haywood, Biyombo, MKG, Gordon and Sessions with Mullens, TT, Henderson and Walker off the bench will be surprising a lot if they can gel.

I also don't believe the Bulls will struggle as much without Rose as some think. Yes they lost players from their bench as well but seriously, too much is made of Asik and Brewer leaving - the signings of Vlady, Nazr, Nate, Heinrich, Bellineli and Teague will make up for that. I actually feel that Nazr and Boozer will play well together, probably better than with Asik. The Bulls also have Vlady, Boozer, Gibson at PF - the team can go small with one of those at c, most likely when Nate is pushing the speed of the game. When Rose comes back - my guess shortly after the all-star break that team will be much better and will be very dangerous come playoff time.

I don't believe Philly will make the playoffs. I think they will struggle enough that come trade deadline they will trade AI to TO for cap space and assets.

I guess, in short and IMO, they're more teams overall in the EC that are improved enough to make the Conference very exciting this coming year. Sure, not the competition level of the West but much more parity and unknown factors on teams that will make the playoff picture quite interesting.

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 08-02-2012 at 09:31 AM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote