Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Lowry/Alvin friendship
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:
Raptors The Lowry/Alvin friendship

Quote:
About eight years ago, Raptors assistant coach Alvin Williams scrimmaged at Villanova in his hometown of Philadelphia.

He faced another Philly-born point guard, a kid he had helped recruit to the school.“I thought he was a jerk,” said Williams, who played 460 games for the Raptors from 1998-2006 before ravaged knees forced his retirement at 30
“I know what Alvin would have said,” Kyle Lowry said, laughing. “It’s just a matter of maturing as a person. I had to understand that not everyone wanted to take something from me. As a friend, Alvin was always there for me. “

“I wear my emotions on my sleeve. At home, on the road, wherever, it doesn’t matter. I want to win every game.”

And every scrimmage. Acquired for guard Gary Forbes and a protected first round draft choice from the Houston Rockets, the 26-year-old Lowry arrives as the kind of defence-first, tough-minded point guard who will imbue his relentless style across the roster.

The best example of Lowry’s tenacity can be found in his rebounding. Aside from Rajon Rondo whose prodigious wingspan mitigates his height, the top 10 rebounding guards (minimum 40 games) tower over the six-foot Lowry.
Quote:
The average among the nine players in front of Lowry was six-foot-five.

1) Evan Turner Phil. 5.8rpg, ’6-7″
2) Paul George Ind. 5.6rpg, ’6-8″
3) Kobe Bryant LAL. 5.4rpg, ’6-6″
4) Rajon Rondo Bos. 4.8rpg, ’6-1″
5) Dwyane Wade Mia. 4.8rpg, ’6-4″
6) Jarred Dudley Phx. 4.6rpg, ’6-7″
7) Tyreke Evans Sac. 4.6rpg, ’6-6″
8) Russell Westbrook OKC. 4.6rpg, ’6-3″
9) John Wall Wash. 4.5rpg, ’6-4″
10) Kyle Lowry Hou. 4.4rpg, 6-0″
The Official Site of Canada's Team | THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE TORONTO RAPTORS
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote