Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - the fall of Detroit
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

nosce te ipsum
Default the fall of Detroit

Yesterday i watched an interesting documentary called "Reqium for Detroit." Basically it looked at the history of detroit up to to the present time. Being interested in urban geography, I found the whole thing really fascinating and very sad. Here's this huge, historically significant city which was once thriving and full of life now a shadow of its former self - a change which just happened within a very short time.

I mean some of the images of some of these neighbourhoods are messed up. Everything derelict and destroyed - nobody around except for the odd unfortunate person lying on the street or whatever. It looks like a wasteland. In fact some residents described it really well. They called it a financial katrina. The appearance of a lot of the city resembled New Orleans after hurricaine katrina. it wasn't a natural disaster, but just by looking around you could see there was some kind of disaster that did this.

I found the whole thing pretty powerful. I don't really know how detroit can climb out of this hole.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote