Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Are we not giving our defense enough credit?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Killing Joke
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
Yes, yes, yes...

I said this last year when we were 'on' that we resembled the Spurs more than the Suns. We get fastbreak points through defense not by running just for the sake of running.

Now if these guys start closing out faster on shooters like Parker started doing in the Boston game to Allen the D will be even better.
I think what's starting to happen is our team is just becoming accustomed to playing with one another. And that our coaching staff has FINALLY gotten the message out. If we start closing out on shooters imo we're a top 5 defensive team potentially.

It's interesting this season, the second we see a team starts the offensive zone disorganized we show this "killer" instinct out there. Look at the Milwaukee game, they came out disorganized one set, Jose got the steal and we go thte clear path foul. Same thing happened in Boston. We're starting to take advantage of their offensive mistakes and that impresses me more than anything.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote