Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Simmons' take on the Fields deal
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
We got a shooter in Ross. We aren't Orlando that has a dominant big-man presence already manning the paint to the point where we just need to surround him with shooters. We need all types of players on this team. Rebounds, defenders, scorers, passers. Shooters are only one of the key elements. Landry is a rebounder/defender that can score occasionally.
We got a rookie that can shoot, and a new shiny pg with a pretty good scoring ability. We really could have used someone with more skill than Fields, although I like him as an all-around basketball player, if he can recover from a bad season. I don't like the price tag, and the way the price tag limits the means of getting that skilled player.

If Fields was high on their list of players they wanted to acquire then I can live with it. But that's not what would appear to be the case, particularly when considering what the coach was looking for. It could have been worse, but I worry about missing out on a lot better, and needlessly.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote