Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Antawn Jamison agrees to 1 year deal with Lakers
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Again, he cant play the 3. You can make up all the potential lineups you want, but he will be one of the worst players in the NBA when playing the 3 if the Lakers choose to put him there, which they won't.

I think they're going to play him in a similar fashion to what they did with Odom in terms of his position. When Bynum gets his first breather late in the 1st qtr, Jamison will come in at the 4 and Gasol will switch to the 5, and then Bynum will replace Gasol early in the 2nd qtr, and Jamison will play approximately 24-26 mpg as the primary(only) big off the bench.

Honestly if I was LA I would have re-signed Hill instead. He's not only a better fit, but likely more valuable and better production wise in the same role.
Jamison can stretch the floor for them which Hill couldn't.... I think it's a great add. Especially if they land dwight.... so he'd be in a role similar to Ryan Anderson and Rashard Lewis before him.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote