Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Antawn Jamison agrees to 1 year deal with Lakers
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
He doesn't need to be LBJ, all he has to do is shot the 3 and open the lanes for Kobe and Nash and pull the doubles off of D12/Gasol.

Besides, that is a potential line-up. I can see Jamison being the 6th man off the bench and be a real anchor behind Gasol. If the Lakers need him to be a stretch 4 then you play him with Nash/Kobe/MWP/AJ/D12 and have the 3/5 cover is defensive lapses.

There are so many possible line-ups that I think people are just pointing out a number of different scenarios depending on match-ups.
Again, he cant play the 3. You can make up all the potential lineups you want, but he will be one of the worst players in the NBA when playing the 3 if the Lakers choose to put him there, which they won't.

I think they're going to play him in a similar fashion to what they did with Odom in terms of his position. When Bynum gets his first breather late in the 1st qtr, Jamison will come in at the 4 and Gasol will switch to the 5, and then Bynum will replace Gasol early in the 2nd qtr, and Jamison will play approximately 24-26 mpg as the primary(only) big off the bench.

Honestly if I was LA I would have re-signed Hill instead. He's not only a better fit, but likely more valuable and better production wise in the same role.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote