Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Official: Howard to Lakers
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
ClutchCity
up there

][__ . //-\\ .

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I'm curious about that regarding Bynum...if it's a 3 team trade like this and Bynum goes to the Cavs wouldn't the Cavs receive his bird rights just like Orlando would if it was a straight trade between the Lakers/Magic? If the situation is better on the Cavs.....
Yes, you're right. I was saying that if ORL got Bynum, I don't think he'd just leave that much money on the table. Basically, I'm saying Bynum will re-sign with whoever acquires him. I'm sure he prefers CLE over ORL but it may not be his choice.

Quote:
You're right about the ego thing, however on the Cavs there is no Kobe keeping him in check. No way Irving stops Bynum taking the team over if that were the case. Getting Bynum away from Kobe might be a good thing. Also, regarding ego, how about resurrecting a team the LBJ devastated and then taking on LBJ for the next several years?
I wasn't arguing against this. I'm just saying if Cavs get Bynum, he will re-sign with them. If ORL gets him, he'll stay there. If HOU gets him, he'll re-sign there. It's not necessarily about preference. I do think he'll re-sign with the team that has his bird rights. That's all I'm saying. I'm sure he'd welcome playing with one of the best PGs in the game in Irving, I wasn't arguing that. Sorry if my previous post sounded confusing.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote