Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Official: Howard to Lakers
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
Supposedly the don't want Bynum because they'd be in a similar dilemma they're in now with Dwight, because Bynum on the last year of his contract. Maybe Bynum doesn't want to re-sign there (I still don't believe that). Also, as Presti's protege, Hennigan wants picks for their building process. Cleveland has 7 first rounders in the next three years. If ORL is offered McRoberts (expiring), Daniel Gibson (expiring, team option), Luke Walton (expiring), Varejao (who Presti/Hennigan have reportedly been wanting for quite some time), Tristan Thompson (big man prospect), Devin Ebanks (another prospect), and 3-4 first rounders, that's a pretty solid deal. They'd most likely dump J-Rich on Lakers and give Big Baby to CLE. ORL is not as worried about Turk and Duhon's contracts because their contracts are only partially guaranteed for their last year (after this upcoming season). At that point, Turk becomes a valuable expiring contract.

On top of all this, ORL would likely suck badly if they made this trade. That means they'd also have their own pick which could likely end up being a top 5 pick.

So all in all for ORL: Varejao (could become a valuable trade piece), 3 expiring contracts, 2 prospects, 3-4 first rounders, and the ability to dumb their 2 worst contracts seems like a pretty good deal to me.
With Jamison gone and Parker retiring wouldn't that free up 22mil off the cap hold? I'm thinking the Cavs could just absorb most of Howards contract - DanH could probably clarify that but I think the Cavs could do that and keep the other expirings for other trades. 100% regarding those picks...this would be the team for Orlando to trade with.

Bynum outright stated he won't resign in Orlando and I wouldn't either as that team heads for hell for a couple of years. Besides, if I'm Bynum I think I'd rather play with Irving and Waiters than stay in Orlando.

Cavs....
Irving
Waiters
Gee
Thompson
Bynum

THAT is a nice core.

Lakers...
Nash
Kobe
Jamison
Gasol
Howard

Orlando...
Shit load of picks plus probably their own high lottery ones for a couple years.

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 07-18-2012 at 05:43 PM.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote