Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Score: Raptors offseason so far
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie

Representing:

Quote:
I'd argue that Jose is also better at running the pick and roll. I don't think either is much better than the other guy, I think they play different games. Lowry's does fit better within the overall system, but with certain guys on the floor, Jose can be more effective. I don't think Jose will start, but I also don't think it's going to be such an easy decision for Casey to choose which guy ends the game on many nights.
Again, this is the TJ/Jack scenario replaying in many Raptors fans minds, not knowing that we acquired a different level of PG for the first time in the franchises history since Stoudamire. Jose barely got to the basket last year. Just because he averaged a high amount of assists doesnt mean he was nearly as effective as in years past. He probably dribbled as much last year in the games he played as a lot of the top 10 perimeter players in the NBA due to our lack of talent. He's going to get a higher amount of assists with the ball always in his hands and us throwing up desperaton shots at the end or near the end of the shot clock. He doesnt make the defence react like he used to in his first few years because hes lost a step and isnt nearly as aggressive as he used to be.

Lowry is going to get the other teams in foul trouble and us in the bonus in a lot of games, and he's going to get us more wide open quality looks with his quickness.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote