Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Score: Raptors offseason so far
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
AR1815
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Lowry is a much better player than Jose. If Jose starts this year it will be because Lowry got injured. Lowrys starting job will never be in jeopardy when healthy, because Jose does nothing better than Lowry besides making wide open midrange shots off of screens at this point.
I'd argue that Jose is also better at running the pick and roll. I don't think either is much better than the other guy, I think they play different games. Lowry's does fit better within the overall system, but with certain guys on the floor, Jose can be more effective. I don't think Jose will start, but I also don't think it's going to be such an easy decision for Casey to choose which guy ends the game on many nights.

But I do agree with Jeff, it's an unnecessary distraction for the team. I think Jose is still an appealing asset, and the fact that he is slightly overpaid is mitigated by the expiring contract. If he can shine in the Olympics, where he should see a lot of playing time with Rubio out, his stock will rise. On the other hand, he may also get injured and become untradeable. I'd rather move him sooner than later and not take that risk. We still have plenty of holes to fill, and moving the one guy who clearly no longer fits into the team's long term plans is only reasonable.
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote