Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Today in Raptorland - 11/3/08
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Today in Raptorland - 11/3/08

Skiles slights Raptors

Quote:
We just weren't ready when the ball was in bounds. We weren't ready to go and they took advantage of that. (Toronto) is a smart club. Nothing against their role players but (Jose) Calderon, (Jermaine) O'Neal, and (Chris) Bosh are very high-level players. We had some breakdowns and they took advantage of every single one of them."

Jamario Moon was getting plenty of credit from his coach and teammates despite Skiles' inference that this solely is a three-man club.

NBA's nice guys turn nasty

Quote:
"This year you don't see a lot of (Raptors) helping (opponents) up. We're not going to do that," said O'Neal. "We're going to step over guys if we knock 'em down. And that's the way it should be."
Anti-Chuck delivers, at half the decibel level

Quote:
The decibel level is about half of what Swirsky produced with one of his "kabooms." There were no mentions of onions or salami and no shots from downtown Mississauga, wherever that is.

The closest he comes to catchphrases was crowing a couple of times Saturday, "How sweet it is for Chris Bosh."

The closest he came to a Swirskian nickname like Air Canada or CB4 was calling Jermaine O'Neal "J.O." Not exactly the kind of thing you'll see on a T-shirt.

Devlin settles in, Armstrong keeps things light on TSN telecast

Quote:
"Folks, you don't notice at home, but Matt Devlin is just beating me up on plays like this," he said during the TSN telecast. "Matt's a very physical broadcaster. He's giving me English, knocking me over. Chill out, man. It's Game 3."

Play by play may be a body contact sport when Devlin is in front of microphone, but the results are mostly good. Calling their first Raptors game together on Saturday, Devlin and Armstrong seemed comfortable, perhaps because they have teamed up in the past on U.S. college broadcasts.
Sunshine Girl - 11/3/08

Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote