Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Cap/Tax Status
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #132 (permalink)
DanH
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I actually said that but you don't have the full MLE while over the tax, which the Raps had to get below (and stay over the cap) to get, otherwise it would have been the mini - hence the renouncing of Bayless and Alabi. Nothing I said stated we were using cap space while being below the cap since if we did we would lose all the exceptions - which was my point. There seems to have been a difference of opinion on how much those exceptions were and which ones we had. I disagreed with DanH's 'assumptions' that we are using the mini or the possibility that the team didn't have the 7.6 Barbosa since it expires next year and the Raps are over the cap. Both the signings and trade can go down in a couple of different ways, the TPE could be renounced or not or maybe it has - and the lynch pin to all of it is going to be JC - if the team keeps him or not or amnesty's him.
Also, your knowledge of the tax-payer's MLE is flawed as well. The cap calculation is done using cap holds. The tax calculation is not - it uses only actual salary and not holds. As such, renouncing Bayless and Alabi would make no impact to whether the full or tax MLE was available.

The only variable in the Raptors' cap equation that would have a tangible impact on their MLE use was whether they used cap space - which they did (and had to) to sign Fields to an offer sheet.
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote