Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Today in Raptorland - 11/2/08
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 08:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Today in Raptorland - 11/2/08

Perfect Raptors stave off Bucks

Quote:
"I think everybody's starting to grow up," coach Sam Mitchell said. "We're confident on the defensive end. We get stops. And I think last year we'd let our lack of offence mess up our defence. ... We'd slack off on defence. This year we're staying more solid no matter what happens."
Parker wings it as best he can

Quote:
Parker turned 33 in June, and there've been players of his ilk whose value has eroded at that age and beyond. But the early going has betrayed no falloff in his work. He's a free agent this coming summer, and he's making the case that age is merely a number.

"I don't have the miles on my body that the average NBA 33-year-old would have. God's blessed me with some decent genes, and I don't feel like I'm 33. I think I'm the equivalent of a regular 27-year-old in the NBA," said Parker, who played six seasons in the Euroleague before landing in Toronto in 2006. "I haven't done the back-to-backs. Overseas, we didn't practice as hard, so my body didn't wear down that way, either."

Raptors reloaded

Quote:
In the end none of it mattered as the Raps survived a five-minute lull at the start of the game, and then on the strength of another fine defensive effort and a stand- out game from point guard Jose Calderon, who took it upon himself to be the Raps go-to scorer, made it a perfect 3-0 for the season.

Calderon helps keep Raptors perfect

Quote:
"I like to get everybody involved, but if they let me shoot, I can shoot the ball," Calderon said. "I just try to play my game."

Bucks and Raps - Raptor Rewind V308

Quote:
Jamario Moon came in to replace J.O the Raptors were playing small matching the Bucks small line-up. Andrew Bogut had 6 straight points and Raptors were on the ropes big time. The Bucks would take the lead on an R.J lay-up. 80-79 for the Bucks who had come out strong in the 4th quarter and the Raptors had not been able to match it to this point. Bucks had out scored the Raptors 20-9 in the 4th quarter. Chris Bosh would score out of the time out driving on Jefferson. Ramon Session would reply and than it was Jamario Moon from deep. Raptors had 84-82 lead. Raptors would have a miss from A.P and the Bucks down 84-83 would have the ball with under 5o seconds to play. Another thrilling finish in the span of about 24 hours was in the cards. The Bucks would convert out of the time out with a basket from their UCLA rookie Mbah a Moute. Raptors ball with 36 seconds left down 85-84. Calderon would make a clutch three point out of the Raptor time out. He was having a great night and Raptors lead 87-85. 21 seconds to go. Micheal Redd would get a long look for 2 that did not fall and Jamario Moon got the board and was fouled right away. He converted both and the Raptors lead 89-85 with now just 11 seconds to play. How cool has the last two nights been from an entertainment stand point? Michael Redd would score quickly with a Redd lay-up. Now just 7 seconds left and Bucks poised to foul. Calderon would get fouled and head to the line. Fitting he would have a chance to end this one. He made the first and the second. Redd would get a 3 pointer off but it missed and the Raptors hang on to win. 91-87.

Calderon had 25 points and 9 assists and was the star of the game for the Raptors with out question. For all the rest of the stat goodies you can check out boxscore below. But the biggest stat of all is 3-0 and first in the Atlantic Division. That is as good as it gets. First time since 99-00 the Raptors have started 2-0 on the road.
Sunshine Girl - 11/2/08

Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote