Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jack Armstrong on Lowry, Fields
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
tommysdu
'twas a dream

teenage dirtbag

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
Fields is a decent player,I just think the timing of his offer sheet is off

Why? If Colangelo and company really wanted him then cool,but he's certainly more of a 2 guard then 3 and the Raps already have Derozan and Ross at that position. If they're hoping he can play the 3 then fine,but it's somewhat of a gamble for his price tag If they plan on keeping DD

Also,if they really wanted him,that's cool...but if they just offered him a contract to block the Knicks from getting Nash WITHOUT knowing for sure that would attract or resort Steve to coming to Toronto,then that's just stupid...I would say the same thing about the Nets if they gave up all those players and picks for Joe Johnson,just to see Deron Williams depart for Dallas anyway. They did it the smart way and ensured that the acquisition of Joe would keep Deron there. Unless Nash flat out lied or played Colangelo(which I doubt and see know reason for him to do) then I think it was a very bad tactic on our Bryan's part(hindsight or not).

Anyhow,Fields will likely be here and I think Casey will find a way to make it work.
We dont know if the Nets had confirmation from the Deron before signing Joe. Also im hoping we are not keeping DD and somehow get a SF from trading him, Ed and filler. Regardless, might have over paid for Fields, but I think he will fit into Casey's system beautifully
tommysdu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote