Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jack Armstrong on Lowry, Fields
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:
Default Jack Armstrong on Lowry, Fields

Armstrong: Five Quick Thoughts on the NBA

Quote:
1. KYLE LOWRY: A nice trade by the Raptors; I like him a whole lot. A very good defender and floor leader that continues to improve and can be a capable long-term answer at the point guard spot for them. Good contract value and will fit in Dwane Casey's system.

2. LANDRY FIELDS: Is he a good fit for Toronto? Yes! Do I like his contract? No! I understand what they were trying to do, blocking the Knicks on a sign-and-trade deal with the Suns for Steve Nash. Only time will tell if they get the proper money and wins in return on his deal. Solid overall player who will be even better in Toronto in their system. I think he's got good upside and he's a 'winning player.' He'll play good minutes and be a positive impact guy. There will be a bunch of pressure on him due to his large salary to elevate his game another notch or two but he can do it. He better be ready from the jump. They need better play on the wing and with that money invested, it's imperative that he take another step.
Question: If the Landry Fields contract was to block the Knicks from doing a S&T for Nash, why would they have to put in a poison pill final bloated year in the contract? Wouldn't any signed offer sheet do the trick no matter what?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote