Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lowry vs Calderon
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
When we had the PG tandem of Jose & TJ or Jose & Jack, we were in the playoffs or fighting for the playoffs. Instead of complaining who is better, enjoy having 2 starting calibre point guards. Its an advantage, not a disadvantage.
It's a disadvantage imo. Sorry but both of those situations were difficult at times because Jose supporters would complain when he was coming off the bench and vice versa.

When the starter/backup roles are the least bit muddled it usually doesn't end well and you don't have to look too far for proof of that. Let's face it before TJ Ford was hurt in Atlanta he was outplaying Jose and at the very least they were on par with each other overall, same with Jack in 2009-10 when we won 28 of 36 i believe when he started and we were 5th in the conference just behind Boston at the end of February. Now imo Lowry is better than Jose and no way do you aquire him and not start him knowing one of his beefs in Houston was not getting enough playing time after coming back from injury at the end of the year.

Now unless Jose plays some SG and they're on the floor together at times, which would seem to be difficult due to the glut at that position now then i just don't see it working. In a perfect world Jose would play 20mpg and help Jonas off the bench, but something tells me the same old shit will rear it's ugly head when it comes to the PG position this season with both here.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote