Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lowry vs Calderon
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
raptor123
a Piston Fan !

Representing:
Default Lowry vs Calderon

Who really is better and can they co exist ??????

Now I like Lowry. He’s a pass first PG who plays good defense and can hit the three. Before he became ill last season, he was playing near All -Star basketball.

That doesn’t mean I’m incredibly happy with the deal. First of all, I HATE the idea of giving up a lottery pick, especially for a team with so little real talent. Unless Lowry turns into a perennial All Star, I’d rather keep the lottery pick and take my chances.

Another problem I have is whether he’s really that much of an upgrade over Jose Calderon. Yes, he’s a better defender than Calderon, but Calderon is a better passer. And Calderon is also a much better shooter. Lowry is a career 42% shooter, from the field compared to Calderon’s 48%.

And while Lowry is younger, it’s not as if he’s THAT young. He’s 26, so it’s doubtful he gets much better than he is right now. And he’s only 4 years younger than Calderon.

The other problem with Lowry, especially when you’re talking about him replacing Calderon, is that he hasn’t played a full season since his second. In fact, in the last five season, Lowry has missed MORE games than Calderon. One of the biggest reasons for replacing Calderon was his lack of durability, but will Lowry be an improvement at all, in that department?

link : picket fence

I like them both......... i really think it can work keeping them both !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by raptor123; 07-09-2012 at 12:24 PM.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote