Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The case for Rudy Gay...
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Blaze
is waiting

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada_rocks2369 View Post
I actually didn't realize till someone else mentioned it but Iggy's actually a pretty decent shooter, similar %'s to Gay on more attempts.... Still, he's not a bad fit here but acquiring Gay would be ideal. Better at creating his own shot and not bad defensively like u said. The biggest thing, as u also noted, is he's a few years younger and may still improve. I feel like Iggy peaked a while ago, the best we can expect from him is maintaining his current level for a couple years. I would expect more long term for anyone we're hoping to add to our "core".

And on a similar note (not to u but whoever mentioned Marion): bringing back Marion is an absolutely ridiculous concept. I can't understand in any way, shape or form how that makes any sense for this team at this time. Leadership? C'mon that's a nice way of saying he doesn't bring much else anymore... Granted he's still a decent defender and a veteran presence who won't kill u with mistakes, but if that's your talent u sign with a contender, not a team hoping to sneak into the playoffs..

Also, is there anything to that "let alone to us" comment? I don't see any reason why Toronto couldn't work out a deal with Memphis, and we can offer a nice package of assets. Jose is a nice luxury on any playoff team as a backup and will help financially as an expiring contract, DeMar replaces Gay (although with less production) and has potential to sell the fan base on, and Davis is cheap and improving talent with size... They couldn't ask for much more in return for a player they overpaid IMO
It's not that Toronto is a bad team to do business or a remark against Toronto as a franchise but for a player like Gay there would be much more appealing options then what Toronto has to offer. I don't think a lot of teams think he's overpaid, especially since he's still young and producing and has room to improve. If he's available other teams can give better offers that's all.
Blaze is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote