Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The case for Rudy Gay...
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Blaze
is waiting

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post
i don't know why but he don't inspire me, like a batum (more young for the same and cheaper) or iguy (cheaper, one year only between them, and a way better defender and passer. also he is also a good 3s shooter)

so for 32M for 2 years i think that very high on a guy who would bo to a contender in the us, instead of staying here.

Marion would be sure upgrade, more defense, more huslte, vet leadership, he knows the casey system.
jose + JJ for marion + beaubois, would resolve or problem
a vet sf and a young guard to bakcup lowry, and beaubois is a really good shooter too.

whatever, i would say no to gay.

my preference at sf would be:
1. JJ/Fields/Kleiza
2. Iguy/fields
3. Marion/fields/kleiza
4.batum/fields/kleiza
Iggy is three years older than Gay and only better defensively. Rudy is a top 5 SF with room to improve and fits the system better than Iggy because he can shoot and although Iggy is a better defender, Gay is no slouch in that category.

I think Raptor fans that would even consider Iggy over Gay forget that we are still in rebuilding and development process. Say it takes us two years to be ready, Val, and Ross are going to take time, Lowery needs to get chemistry and learn the system, and Bargs and Demar need to make some more improvements. Now say you bring in Iggy, by the end of the two years he will be 30 and on his decline. Gay on the other hand will be 27, just entering his prime and will have gotten better the past two years, leaving us in a prime situation to compete.

That being said Grizz have no interest in trading Gay, let alone to us.
Blaze is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote