1) A TPE cannot be used to sign Fields. He is a free agent, and only by completing a S+T could we use our TPE to sign him. No way NYK agrees to that after our little scam to screw them out of Steve Nash.
2) The mini MLE is 2.575 M. Nowhere near enough to sign Fields.
3) The TPE could be used to absorb Lowry. However, there is no difference between using a TPE to absorb someone and using cap space to absorb someone. As such, since the Raptors
need cap space to sign Fields, it is certain they will use cap space to complete the Lowry trade.
4) To do the moves they are doing this offseason, those player's rights are going to be waived. They've only been carried this far because the Raps haven't gone under the cap in the past 4 seasons.
5) Just FYI Jeff, Bayless' QO was about 4.1M. Not 4.7. Just clarifying as I've seen you refer to it this way a few times.