Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Beware of the rapidly improved Atlantic Division and Chris Paul to the Knicks!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
MBailey85
is pounding the rock!

Representing:
Knicks Beware of the rapidly improved Atlantic Division and Chris Paul to the Knicks!

Let me start by saying I have no sources on this topic and it's pure speculation based off what my gut feeling is telling me.

I believe it is inevitable that Chris Paul will join the New York Knicks,possibly as soon as near the trade deadline in the upcoming season. If not then definitely in the off season when he's an unrestricted free agent. This summer he elected not to sign an extension with the L.A. Clippers and monitoring the Knicks Point Guard situation is probably a large reason why.

He's not ill advised and careless like Dwight Howard,he'll get to his destination eventually. Paul was the one (while with the Hornets) at Carmelo Anthony's wedding that toasted to Anthony,Amare Stodemire and himself playing in the Big Apple one day. At the time only Stoudemire was a Knick. Anthony forced his way to NY so expect Paul to follow suit as 2/3 are already there.

L.A. Clippers have emerged as a contender so they may keep him for the playoff push but could risk losing him for nothing. I really see this happening,the only way I don't think it goes down is if the Knicks match Houston's offer sheet for Jeremy Lin soldifying him as the PG if the future but that's a huge gamble. New York is better off sticking it out with Jason Kidd,then trading him to L.A. With picks and contracts for Paul. Things are quiet now but as the trade deadline approaches,things will heat up. Especially if the Clippers are struggling. Again though,if the Knicks retain Lin I think this probably won't happen after all. Another factor is whether they can or can't afford Anthony,Stoudemire,Chandler and then Paul,but knowing them they'll go over the cap and not care if they get penalized.

Personally I like what the Raptors have done by getting Lowry and Fields but I think they really need to go really hard to get a good small forward (like Rudy Gay) because the Atlantic Division is getting highly competitive over night. The Celtics are dominant already and have gotten better. The Nets have improved drastically and could still land Dwight Howard. The Sixers were a playoff team last year. If the Knicks get Paul,they become favorites in the division. Raptors need to not just settle with the moves they've made so far because things can continue to get challenging for them to even make the playoffs.

Leave any thoughts, just want to know what the RF thinks about the improving Atlantic Division and the potential of Chris Paul landing with the Knicks next season or off season?

Last edited by MBailey85; 07-06-2012 at 04:49 AM.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote