Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm: It was Plan B for the Raptors
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
pzabby
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Not to sound too bitter, but this goes to everyone who was on "let's not tank" bandwagon this season - how about them apples? Still like the team that competed every night?

Personally, this season has been a serious disappointment. Even taking into account somewhat short contracts for GM and head coach, I was hoping against hope that they would be able to take a longer view of the franchise building and realize just how preposterous is the idea of building through avenues other than draft in Toronto. If NJ and Charlotte and Washington and GS could tank blatantly then so could the Raptors and they'd have now had a much more promising young player, even if he didn't have a unibrow. Going after Nash in free agency? Really? That's your plan for building a contender in TO? Val is coming, he is like a high lottery pick, so it's OK to get a so-so guy with the actual lottery pick? What kind of fallacy is this?

I am not questioning the selection of Ross with #8. I am questioning winning all those meaningless games in April and throwing money at 38-year old Nash, once again demonstrating just how truly myopic our management is. So frustrating...
Experience to derozan davis johnson and corporation is just as important as a potential barnes over ross. Keep in mind its a lottery and had the raps lost a couple more games we cpuld have ended up with the 10 th pick. So many things change. Im happy for the pick and after reading up on him am very happy. I sincerely believe he'll surprise and do quite well
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote