Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors interested in Gasol?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ataf
On T-Ross Flight 31

Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf

lol gasoft>.<, he's done... as in he's no longer an allstar. Two playoff runs made that clear. His rebounding and blocking(not all-around defense) is well that's about it. His pnr D makes me want to burn my eyes. Too damn slow.

Concerning Bargs for Gasol, never would happen :s but for argument's sake.

Bargs is going into his prime this year, Gasol has been declining heavily and clearly since 10-11 playoffs. Gasol in those two playoff years: 12.8 ppg on 11.6 FGA fg%:43% 8.7 rebounds 3.7 assists on 3.1 t/o 3.4 fta (soft, wont ever get it done in the playoffs.) He blocked at a high 1.9, but please let me know how well he protected the paint (hint, he didn't.)
What's the excuse again? He was going to be traded 6 months before? Please... That's pathetic.
He's got the long reach to help out a lot in the paint for the block, and rebound well... He fits better the Centre imo, but he's so weak and slow now... He'll decline even MORE this year. however, is a vet and would bring experience and help JV a lot with those finals appearances, where he played like a legend (atleast for ORL & 2nd BOS series). Gasol can play tough when he wants to, or is motivated to. JV doesn't have that issue apparently. So I don't think a player can rub his 'softness' onto someone.

and cmon Bargs got injured, lock out season with a new coach... He played great before injury. He's claiming in the off-season he's finally back 100%, which he wasn't after he came back from injury. He played 100% in what? 11 games? These sorta injuries happen sometimes, more frequently in a lockout year where the damn coach(As much as I love casey) is fucking with the rotations and forcing him to play incredible amount of mins. I think it's good that we have Log jam there at the pf spot... maybe he wont make Bargs play 44 mins+ right after an injury back to back.

however, getting Gasol for Jose and pick (Assuming nash comes here) is a complete steal. Since Jose is getting amnestied if Nash comes here , It's getting something for nothing.
Ataf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote