Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Time's about up for Martin
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I understand your point, but if you see him in Europe his growth has pretty much stagnated. He may be on the bench, but at least he's on the bench with NBA players. And if he at all wants to be a player he'll listen and watch intently to what's occurring. That's where Martin can come in. Sit beside the young kid, and talk to him about the game; teach him. Play against NBA players in practice; learn the offensive schemes and defensive schemes. And if he complains about PT then well he's not a player and doesn't give a shit about this team and only himself.

Plus, as I believe that this team will be a contender in 1-2 years time, why have a player, play a key spot for this team and have no knowledge about the intracies of the NBA game?
Well... I think we have different opinions on 3rd string pg being a key spot but okay

If we did end trading away Jose, then i'm all for bringing Ukic over. I really think you get a lot more value out of Martin as the 15th guy and dont' think if we don't resign him as a player he automatically becomes a coach... he may still want to play and move to another organization.

As for the discussion on developing on the bench. Can we say that Uros Slokar developed his game last year? (I think he's in Russia with Hoffa). Can we say Luke Jackson developed on the bench in the past year? (Where is waldo these days anyways?)

I think Martin's role has more impact to the team and our young point guards than we get to appreciate and as long as Sam doesn't give him extended minutes at any pivotal point of a game...he's not hurting us on the court.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote