Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - AB talking about injuries, Casey, Mitchell and the future
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 05:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bargnanciunas
is pounding the rock!

Representing:
Default AB talking about injuries, Casey, Mitchell and the future

Hey guys, what's up?
I'm a new member and I decided to register myself after reading this forum for a long time.
Why I decided to do it right now? Because I found on internet a nice interview with Bargnani in italian, so I decided to post it on this board.
The interview is long so I divided it in two parts. I translated it by myself, surely there are some mistakes because my english is not so good.
Here there is part 1. When I'll finish part 2, I'll post it. Enjoy the reading!

As it happens three years from now, Andrea Bargnani spent a segment of his summer in Jesolo playing and having fun with kids of his camp, the "Wizard Summer Academy". In this edition there were also DeMar DeRozan, his teammate in Toronto and two of his old friends Matteo Soragna and Riccardo Pittis, the one who gave to Andrea the nickname “the magician” in the past. With Bargnani, we get back to the NBA season just ended, a year particularly strange, in some ways beautiful, others definitely not: in a word, however, unforgettable.
…..
Question: What about your first part of the summer, when the NBA season was over?
AB: All right. After the end of the season I was in Toronto for a while, then I went on holyday and the first days of June I came back to Italy.

Q: And what about your physical shape? Did you reabsorbed injuries of the last season?
AB: I'm fine now but I'll have another summer of work, because in recent months I lost weight, I lost so much strength. Besides working to regain my physical shape, I've to do a lot of things like working on shots, the speed of feet, on dribbling, passing, on the movements in the low post and in general on my whole game because when I'll return to Toronto I wanna be ready. The next season will be very important and I wanna try to play 82 games.

Q: Yeah, the past season ... You played some extraordinary games, most of them as the MVP for the Raptors, but you got injured twice, missed 35 games of 66 in wich your team suffered greatly your absence. How do you rate the past year? Considering that the season oscillated between the disaster and the exciting, is not easy to judge it
AB: In fact, on the one side it was beautiful because I played like I did and I almost dominated certain games as I had never ever done before in the NBA. But it is also true that I had a bad injury when I was at the climax of the best shape. I stopped twice for a total of two months and I played less than half of the matches programmed.

Q: The calf was the problem, right?
AB: Fortunately I am one who takes things philosophically because otherwise I would have smashed my head against a wall! The first time, I hurted myself during the fourth quarter of a back to back. It was something annoying and rather long. The second time, happened in another back to back, it was really painful to the point that I made several days with the crutches and I was unable to stand on my feet. So I was stopped two months and this has affected the destinies of the team and of course my physical condition

Q: You finished your sixth NBA season. Looking at the past, how would you judge these six years as a player in the most beautiful and difficult league of the world?
AB: Apart from the second year that was the most difficult because coach Sam Mitchell had no confidence in me and I did not play as much as I should, the other five were always characterized by a growth, by increasing confidence, awareness and consciousness of the reality where I was and that I could play in the league. So, aside from the fact that I played only twice in the playoffs, after six years my judgement can only be positive.

Q: You are the best player for the Raptors but the team continue to struggle and not to qualify for the playoffs. Are you tired of this situation? Would not you prefer to go playing in a better team to win the title, maybe being involved in some trade?
AB: No I'm not. Right now this is certainly not my goal. I love Toronto and this city has become, along with Rome, my house. I have a great relationship with the fans, with the management, with my teammates, with the coach so my goal is to play well and fight for the Raptors, helping them to become a winning team. And I think we are on track and the next season will be crucial.

Q: Why do you say this?
AB: Because I believe in coach Dwane Casey and with the absence of injuries that affected us this season, with the pick of the upcoming Draft, we could improve a lot and we could aim at playoffs. I have great confidence in our team, but now I don't know how our roster will be at the start of the season.

WORLDBASKET.COM - WorldBasket intervista Andrea Bargnani, parte 1/2
Bargnanciunas is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote