Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - 2nd round draft picks?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Representing:

SI had some scouts give opinion on about 52 players. Here are some on some of the projected players who will be in the 2nd round and some notes on them:

Quincy Acy, 6-7 forward, Baylor: "He's an undersized Kenneth Faried type. High character kid, not a great offensive player, but he's an energy guy off the bench."

William Buford, 6-5 guard, Ohio State: "He looked a little heavy at the combine, didn't shoot it real well, so he probably hurt himself. I wouldn't draft him. I don't think he likes to play. I don't think he has enough toughness."

Jae Crowder, 6-6 guard, Marquette: "Size is an issue because he measured small in Chicago, but he just does enough things well. High motor, high energy, rebounds. For a mid-second-round guy, he's not bad. I don't know quite what his NBA skill is other than he plays hard."

Draymond Green, 6-7 forward, Michigan State: "I'm not feeling [him]. I think he's an average athlete. He has a high I.Q. and he's coachable, so he'll survive for a while. He has versatility, can really handle the ball, and his shot's not broken."

Robbie Hummel, 6-8 forward, Purdue: "I like Robbie. I think he's finally getting healthy. He's the kind of guy you want to have. He's a better athlete than you think. His knees don't seem to be an issue."

Jae Crowder, 6-6 guard, Marquette: "Size is an issue because he measured small in Chicago, but he just does enough things well. High motor, high energy, rebounds. For a mid-second-round guy, he's not bad. I don't know quite what his NBA skill is other than he plays hard."

Darius Johnson-Odom, 6-3 guard, Marquette: "He's a killer. I like him. He's going to will himself into our league. He can score, he can guard, and he'll make your practices better."

Kris Joseph, 6-7 forward, Syracuse: "He tested pretty well in Chicago and shot it decent. He had a good body of work at Syracuse, but the sum of his parts is more than the whole. He has ability, but you're just waiting for him to do more."

Tyshawn Taylor, 6-4 guard, Kansas: "Second-round pick. Gotta prove he can be consistent taking care of the ball, but he's very talented. His size and athleticism at that position is pretty good."
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote