Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What if Drummond falls to Toronto?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
dfunkie1
censored

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
That's getting old man!

We already have a rookie C prospect,you don't need to take Drummond and keep him.

Yeah there's always someone who believes they can turn someone into someone else...They're usually the same ones who fall victim to their own beliefs and regret their whole thought process. For a couple seasons, Detroit kept saying they see Rodney Stuckey turning into a Dwayne Wade type of player,they even financial committed to him based off that..yeah,how's that turning out?

Its no coincidence after workouts and everything,that's he's slid from being projected #2 overall to #8 and possibly even later. I think he'll get select before Toronto picks anyway. I think Portland will move on from the Oden experiment and draft him,then try to sign a PG rather than draft Lillard.

1. Davis 2. Barnes 3. Beal 4. Gilchrist 5. Robinson 6. Drummond 7. Lillard/Waiters 8. Waiters/Lillard.

i don't see your point. stuckey's contract aside, he's a good player. keeping on the pistons theme, if austin daye doesn't step his game up this season, it's very likely he'll find himself without an NBA roster spot or any value across the league.

looking at someone like kwame brown, how long did he retain value throughout the league even though he was a notorious bust. even as a role player, his value exceeded his skill level because of that potential factor.

dummond just gives you a longer lifespan to correct your mistake if he doesn't work-out.

dummond's a project that has possible motivational/love of the game issues. everyone knows that going into the draft, and if he falls, it's because of those reasons. there's a lot of general managers that are facing a lot of pressure to improve their rosters, a pick like dummond could come with a lot of scrutiny and possibly the loss of their job.

Last edited by dfunkie1; 06-26-2012 at 04:55 PM.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote