Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Street Basketball Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Chris
representing the Big Land

basketball is life

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3answ3r View Post
thanks guys. That whole season of practice helped out a lot. Better to know what my weaknesses are now then later.

Yeah he picked me because at the tryouts I was Allen Iverson cheesing everybody there at will and had the most work ethic out of everyone. First day of practice, coach puts me as PG to run some plays However, once I get trapped in a corner or face tight D during practice, Id get tunnel vision and turn the ball over. I'm not a good passer to start with so things got ugly fast. This caused me to lose confidence in my whole game and I'm still trying to find my scoring mentality back.

Transitioning from streetball to organized high school ball is definately harder than I thought. Also doesn't help that I'm 5'8ish 120 lbs.
I was the starting pg for my team in grade 11 and 12 when I was 5'11, 135 lbs. You just gotta find a way to get it done.

On a side note, I was tearing up a pick-up game the other day when a guy on the other team yelled "somebody else guard Steve Nash" (referring to me )
Chris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote