Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chad Ford: 2012 Draft tiers
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Smile Chad Ford: 2012 Draft tiers

If one or two of those tier 3 players are available we should be in good shape if we keep the pick.

Quote:
To make sense of disparate rankings and debates over team needs, the past few years I've chronicled a draft ranking system employed by several teams that have been very successful in the draft, what I call a tier system. Instead of developing an exact order from one to 60 of the best players in the draft, these teams group players, based on overall talent, into tiers. Then, the teams rank the players in each tier based on team need.

This system allows teams to draft not only the best player available, but also the player who best fits a team's individual needs.

So what do the tiers look like this year? After talking to several GMs and scouts whose teams employ this system, I put together these tiers. (Because the teams do not want to divulge their draft rankings publicly, the teams will remain anonymous.)

2012 NBA Draft - Ranking prospects by tier - ESPN

Tier 1:
Anthony Davis

Tier 2:
Harrison Barnes
MKG
Bradley Beal
Thomas Robinson

Tier 3:
Andre Drummond
Damian Lillard
Dion Waiters