Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What options do you like best?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Tyreke would be a dream if we could send DeMar back. He could easily be a top 5 shooting guard in this league with a little more polish.
I liked aspects of Evans's game during his rookie season but...

I wouldn't necessarily say Evans is a dream, since there are a couple of major concerns with him. First, he has been injury prone during his first 3 years. Second, he could be looking for a huge payday, despite those injury problems. That's why he is available. Sac does not want to give him max or close to it, but there is a good chance that a GM will be dumb enough to give it to him when he is an RFA. So you'd be forced to match to keep him, even though it's unclear whether he can hold up for a full season. He has a shitload of talent, but when those types of players are available, there is usually some risk, as I've outlined. Evans is probably not a cap friendly player. He might be worth the risk though.

I totally agree that, if the Raps did decide to acquire Evans, it would be best if Demar was going the other way. Evans does not appear to be a PG. He is probably going to have to be a wing. He does not shoot the ball well from the outside. I don't think he is a good fit next to Demar, even if Evans has the length to guard SFs, allowing Derozan to stay at SG.

Evans is young with a lot of upside, but there are concerns. It would be really interesting to see what kind of defensive player he could be under Casey's system.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote