Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Austin Rivers?
Thread: Austin Rivers?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brain
bye bye

Banned

Representing:
Question Austin Rivers?

Don't know how much truth there is to this, but I just read this on rotoworld and haven't seen it posted anywhere on here yet.

The Raptors "expressed a lot of interest" in Duke guard Austin Rivers.
Toronto has the No. 8 overall pick, although the team is expected to shop the pick prior to the draft. If the club sticks with the selection, Rivers could be a name on their draft board. The Raptors are "attracted to his assertive, don't back-down attitude." Doc Rivers' son projects as a likely lottery pick.

and a second interesting note :

Duke guard Austin Rivers has a "promise late in the draft lottery," a source tells Yahoo! Sports.
Just like with Dion Waiters, it's rather strange that a team picking in the lottery would be willing to guarantee Rivers that he's their pick this early in the process. The Hornets, Blazers, Bucks, Suns and Rockets hold picks 10-14, and we could see Rivers making varying levels of sense for any of those teams.

He doesn't seem like the right fit to me but I honestly don't know THAT much about him, I thought he was projected to go in the tweens.
What do you guys think about him?
Brain is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote