Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smith: Raptors hoping to beat odds in NBA draft lottery
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Grizz
waiting for his team to return

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
from my understanding, if it's fixed for entertainment purposes, it's legal. it it's fixed for gambling purposes, it's illegal. being that there's a show based around the outcome, it serves as entertainment. i've never seen a vegas line on the lottery.

from reading about the process, they use a lottery ball machine, so i really don't know what moremilk is talking about. maybe he can provide a link.

i get that the lottery is observed by the audit firm and the team representatives, but how do they not know the outcome of the lottery when they're sitting there observing? are they pretending that they don't know when they're sitting there sweating? or do they not understand the process of how the winner is determined.

although it would possibly kill the anticipation, they could easily squash all rumours of the lottery being rigged if they even showed it once, or even after the fact. the nba hasn't gone out of the way to really kill the rumours that have been around since the very first draft lottery. these coincidental wins only add fuel to the fire.
The representative you see on TV are not the ones who see the draw. The members who see the draw and the media are held in the room with no cell phones until after the broadcast. The people you see on TV, like Casey this year, don't know the result.

I much prefer seeing the envelope approach afterwards than having to have a spreadsheet of possible lottery ball combos to track as they come up.
Grizz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote