Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm: Why the Raps Should Not Go After Lin
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I just thought the statistical comparison to Bayless alone was ridiculous and adds nothing to the argument of whether or not they should be interested in Lin.
Oh, dude, I actually agree with you. I just get distracted by the cap stuff because I find it interesting, and it's important to understand if you want to know why particular moves can or can't happen.

But of course the comparison is silly. There are a number of variables fucking with those particular samples.

1-Lin eventually received far more attention from opposing defenses than Bayless has ever experienced.
2-Most of the games Lin started were more meaningful than the games in which Bayless started. If I remember correctly, Bayless started a bunch of games at the end of the season one year when the standings were all but decided.

And there are more. No point listing them. We both know.

But, still, I do NOT have Lin in my top 3 of FAs to go after. It's not all basketball though. I think the financial considerations are a legit point.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote