Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Our own Resticted or FA ?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
EggsToTheBBQ
useless

Representing:

JB will probably be back, unless BC spends to acquire a PG, or drafts a PG/SG. Even then we'll still need back court depth. DD, Calderon and Forbes are the only guards under contract for next year.

It definitely sets the stage for BC's moves this summer. There are obvious roster spots open in the back court and on the wing.

I doubt that both Gray and Magloire will be back. With Alabi showing signs of being serviceable for short stretches, JV incoming, ED playing like he needs more time on the court, JJ and Kleiza playing PF in smaller line ups, not to mention Bargs and Amir, there really aren't too many minutes left over.

I think that we'll have one banger off the bench for when the games get really physical, and I think that it will be Magloire. He's at the point in his career where playing that role makes sense for him. Also, he's very good at that role. Gray wants time on the court which really isn't available.

I hate to break it to the Gray supporters, but there just isn't room on the roster for him, except in one role, which I don't think is the role he wants to play.

Last edited by EggsToTheBBQ; 05-21-2012 at 06:08 PM.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote